Dr. Martijn Dekker
As top executive and Chief Information Security Officer at ABN AMRO Bank, Martijn has more than 20 years
of experience of driving the security strategy of the organisation. Next to that, he has been teaching and
supervising master students for over 10 years at Dutch universities. Since early 2020, he is visiting professor
Information Security at the University of Amsterdam, conducting research in the field of information
security governance, decision making, security automation and information theory.
Next to his executive- and academic roles, member
of the advisory board and chair of the ICT subcommittee of CBS (Statistics Netherlands) and member of several advisory boards.
As experienced leader in cybersecurity, Martijn also enjoys presenting keynotes, lectures and trainings.
In 2022 he was voted to be one of the 100 most innovative and influential security leaders in the world: Global CISO 100 awards 2022.
He is dedicated to help develop cybersecurity leadership.
Here you can find his current affiliations and here you can find his schedule of lectures and keynotes.
You can also check Martijn's Google Scholar profile or his ORCID id.
peer reviewed / scientific:
- "A corporate governance approach to cybersecurity risk disclosure", Kiesow Cortez E, & Dekker M, (2022), European Journal of Risk Regulation, 1-23. doi:10.1017/err.2022.10.
- "Capturing Chromosome Conformation", Dekker J, Rippe K, Dekker M, Kleckner N, Science. 295 (5558): 1306-11, February 2002
- "Moduli spaces of stable sheaves on abelian surfaces", Dekker M, phd thesis, University of Amsterdam, 1997
- "The 5 baselines any CISO must use", Martijn Dekker, medium.com, July 2022.
- "Quantum technology is a blessing for infomation security", Martijn Dekker, medium.com, April 2022, based on a speech delivered at the Barlaeus Dinner of the Amsterdam Institute of Advcanced Study, November 2019
- "Managing information security is managing uncertainty.", Martijn Dekker, medium.com, March 2022.
- "Cyberspace: a new bufferzone and the rise of the CISO Politicus.", Martijn Dekker, medium.com, March 2022.
- "Why all CISOs need to prioritize quantum.", Martijn Dekker, FS-ISAC Insights, issue 2022 Q1.
- Software leveranciers moeten cybersecurity veel serieuzer nemen. Martijn Dekker, KPN blog, Jan 2022.
- "Kwetsbaar door software", onderzoeksrapport van de Onderzoeksraad Voor Veiligheid (OVV), member of the "begeleidingscommissie", dec 2021.
- "Informatie beveiliging draait om het managen van onzekerheden", Martijn Dekker, KPN Cyber Security Perspective 2021, p. 39-41.
- "Informatie beveiliging is meer dan het managen van risico's", Martijn Dekker, KPN blog, jan 2021
- "Being resilient, Security in the era of remote working", Mohit Joshi, Vishal Salvi, Martijn Dekker, Infosys webinar, May 2020
- Digitale veiligheid: 4 experts nemen stelling. Podcast of the panel discussion of SMSP congress, april 25, 2022.
- PCSI Cybertalk Session #1: Increase of malicious uses and abuses of AI., April 2022.
- How do we improve cybersecurity? by copying our body's immune system, vlog for The Next Web 2021 conference, sep 2021.
- Uncertainty and Risk in Information Security, Martijn Dekker, keynote lecture in NLSecure[id] conference, Jan 2021.
- Cyberhelden - episode 23, interview Ronald Prins met Martijn Dekker
- IBM 2021 EMEA Security Summit highlights and (requires registration) the panel on modernizing security approaches hosted by Ganesh Narasimhaiya, with Emma Smith (Vodafone) and Martijn Dekker.
- "ASML geeft zijn leveranciers bijles over het weren van hackers", Financieel Daglad, May 18, 2021,
- "ABN AMRO kiest voor zelf-helende security in Kubernetes", Computable, 19 March 2021
- "Ensuring online security in a quantum future", Boston Consultancy Group, March 30, 2021
- "Innovating in cyber security, shared research 2019", TNO Shared Research Programme Cybersecurity, 2019
- "Innovating in cyber security, shared research 2017", TNO Shared Research Programme Cybersecurity, 2017
- "IT auditors should consider attacker's business case", TIAS school for business and society, june 2015
- "Transforming Information Security - focussing on strategic technologies", RSA, Security for Business Innovation Council report, 2014
- "Transforming Information Security - future proofing processes", RSA, Security for Business Innovation Council report, 2013
- "Transforming Information Security - designing a state-of-the-art extended team", RSA, Security for Business Innovation Council report, 2013
© 2022 Martijn Dekker.
- David Palma. Master thesis working title "Effect of Cybersecurity Awareness Training Performance on Insider Threat Risk".
- Narendra Parigi. Master thesis "Cyber security - fraudulent events detection based on user behavior.", 2020.