Dr. Martijn Dekker
As top executive and Chief Information Security Officer at ABN AMRO Bank, Martijn has more than 20 years
of experience of driving the security strategy of the organisation. Next to that, he has been teaching and
supervising master students for over 10 years at Dutch universities. Since early 2020, he is visiting professor
Information Security at the University of Amsterdam, conducting research in the field of information
security governance, decision making, security automation and information theory.
Next to his executive- and academic roles, he is member
of the advisory board and chair of the ICT subcommittee of CBS (Statistics Netherlands) and member of several advisory boards.
As experienced leader in cybersecurity, Martijn also enjoys presenting keynotes, lectures and trainings.
He is dedicated to help develop cybersecurity leadership.
In 2022 he was voted to be one of the 100 most innovative and influential security leaders in the world: Global CISO 100 awards 2022.
For conference announcements, webpages etc: here is a high resolution picture of me and a bio in plain text.
Advisories / Committees / Foundations
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V. Chief Information Security Officer - Managing Director (full time).
- University of Amsterdam. (part time) Visiting professor Information Security.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS). (part time) Member of the advisory board and chair of the ICT-subcommittee.
Scientific Advisories and other research working Groups
- Foundation CISO Circle of Trust, founding member and chair,
- NVB. Infomation Security committee, chair,
- National Cyber Security Center (NCSC), member of the advisory board,
- IBM, member of the EMEA Security Board of Advisors,
- Infosys, member of the EMEA CISO Advisory Council.
- Dutch "Wiskunderaad", member of the "kring van ambassadeurs" ,
- The Partnership for Cyber Security Innovation (PCSI), founding member,
- CWI, TNO, TU Delft, member of the ethical advisory board of the "Hybrid Approach for quantum-safe Public Key Infrastructure Development for Organisations (HAPKIDO)",
- University of Amsterdam. member of the working group Quantum Amsterdam Ethical Legal and Societal Aspects (QA.ELSA) quantum technology.
- Stater N.V. Non-executive board member and chair of the audit committee(part time), 2018-2022.
- Member of the RSA business for innovation council, 2010-2020.
- associate professor Information Security TIAS school for business and society - executive master of IT auditing, 2012-2020.
- Founding member of the Shared Research Programme (ABN AMRO, ING, Rabobank, de Volksbank, Achmea, TNO), 2013-2019.
© 2022 Martijn Dekker.