Dr. Martijn Dekker
As top executive and Chief Information Security Officer at ABN AMRO Bank, Martijn has more than 20 years
of experience of driving the security strategy of the organisation. Next to that, he has been teaching and
supervising master students for over 10 years at Dutch universities. Since early 2020, he is visiting professor
Information Security at the University of Amsterdam, conducting research in the field of information
security governance, decision making, security automation and information theory.
Next to his executive- and academic roles, he is member
of the advisory board and chair of the ICT subcommittee of CBS (Statistics Netherlands) and member of several advisory boards.
As experienced leader in cybersecurity, Martijn also enjoys presenting keynotes, lectures and trainings.
He is dedicated to help develop cybersecurity leadership.
In 2022 he was voted to be one of the 100 most innovative and influential security leaders in the world: Global CISO 100 awards 2022.
Recent and upcoming Lectures and Keynotes
- TBA ABN AMRO Bank, annual vendor get-together, April, 2023
- TBA Flevum lecture, March 14, 2023.
- TBA Informatie Beveiliging voor commmissarissen, Masterclass Audit Commitee, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam.
- Guest lecture, Radboud University, 9 dec 2022.
- Presentation for HCL at The Hague Security Delta (HSD), 8 dec 2022.
- "The impact of quantum technology on the security architecture of Europe", EU thinktank, 2-3 dec 2022, Maastricht.
- "Let's team up voor cybersecurity-optimalisatie", keynote, Cyber Security Experience, 24 nov, 2022.
- "The impact of quantum technology on cybersecurity", Masterclass Amsterdam Business School/UvA, 24 nov, 2022.
- NOREA 6th Lustrum conference, panel discussion on security and disruptive innovations, 19 may 2022.
- Security Congress 2022, Security Management Student Platform (SMSP), 25 april 2022.
- Flevum roundtable keynote, 25 jan 2022, "Attack Surface Management".
- Inside Quantum Technology Conference. Nov 5, 2021, New York, panel "Planning for the Quantum Era at Major Financial Institutions."
- The Next Web Conference. Sep 30 - Oct 1, 2021, Amsterdam. Vlog "Self healing security software."
- ABN AMRO Greenlight Opening session Cyber Security Month October, Sep 30, 2021, opening keynote.
- dCypher voorprogramma OneConference, Sep 28, 2021, The Hague. Live discussion with Patricia Zorko and prof. dr. Bart Jacobs.
- KPN NLSecure[id] Conference, Sep 7, 2021.
- Flevum virtual roundtable, Jul 8, 2021.
- IBM Security EMEA summit, Jun 15, 2021, panel "Modernize your security approach to protect valuable data and manage threats."
- Cyberhelden.nl. Jun 10, 2021, episode 23, interview / podcast by/with Ronald Prins.
- IBM, Security Board of Advisors. Apr 28, 2021, a short talk about Zero Trust
- University of Amsterdam. Jan 29, 2021, discussant "International Workshop Governing European Values inside Data Flows."
- KPN NLSecure[id] Conference. Jan 27, 2021, keynote "Uncertainty and Risk in Information Security."
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V. Security conference. Nov 1, 2020, keynote "The guardians of the galaxy."
- Infosys N.V. May, 2020, webinar, with Mohit Johsi & Vishal Salvi, "Being resilient, Security in the era of remote working."
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V. Security conference. Feb 11, 2020, keynote "The future of cyber security - reducing complexity to a lower dimension."
© 2022 Martijn Dekker.