Dr. Martijn Dekker
As top executive and Chief Information Security Officer at ABN AMRO Bank, Martijn has more than 25 years
of experience of driving the security strategy of the organisation. Next to that, he has been teaching and
supervising master students for over 10 years at Dutch universities. Since early 2020, he is visiting professor
Information Security at the University of Amsterdam, conducting research in the field of information
security governance, decision making, security automation and information theory.
Next to his executive- and academic roles, he is member
of the advisory board and chair of the ICT subcommittee of CBS (Statistics Netherlands) and member of several advisory boards.
As experienced leader in cybersecurity, Martijn also enjoys, as professional speaker, presenting keynotes, lectures and trainings.
In 2022 he was voted to be one of the 100 most innovative and influential security leaders in the world: Global CISO 100 awards 2022.
In 2023, he was voted to be one of the 10 most influential CISOs and featured as coverstory of CIO Views.
He is dedicated to help develop cybersecurity leadership.
DCL Masterclasses: Are you a senior leader eager to learn about cybersecurity? Sign up for a DCL Masterclass.
CV AND AFFILIATIONS.
Schedule of LECTURES AND KEYNOTES.
Trainings, seminars and advice: Cybersecurity Leadership.
You can also check Martijn's Google Scholar profile or his ORCID id. Here here you can find his homepage at the University of Amsterdam.
peer reviewed / scientific:
- "A threat-intelligence driven methodology to incorporate uncertainty in cyber risk analysis and enhance decision making", Dekker, M, Alevizos, L, Security and Privacy. 2023;e333.doi; 10.1002/spy2.333.
- "Navigating the EU data governance labyrinth: a business perspective ", 2023, under peer-review.
- "A corporate governance approach to cybersecurity risk disclosure", Kiesow Cortez E, & Dekker M, European Journal of Risk Regulation, 13 (3), p. 443-463, May 2022.
- "Capturing Chromosome Conformation", Dekker J, Rippe K, Dekker M, Kleckner N, Science. 295 (5558): 1306-11, February 2002.
- "Moduli spaces of stable sheaves on abelian surfaces", Dekker M, phd thesis, University of Amsterdam, 1997.
- "Human-competitive AI will disrupt the cyber security industry; prepare now!", PCSI vison paper, September 2023.
- "Quantum technologie: impact verzekerd", De Actuaris, Jaargang 30, nummer 5, June 2023.
- "The CISOs guide for implementing DevSecOps in the enterprise". book, May, 2023
- "Managing the uncertainties of cybersecurity", Journal of Financial Transformation, #57, May 2023.
- The 10 most influential CISOs, CIO Views magazine, March, 2023
- Cybersecurity management and cyber resilience in financial services. Dr. Elif Kiesow Cortez, Dr. Martijn Dekker, HCLTech whitepaper
- "The how and the why of cyber innovation", Dr. Martijn Dekker, medium.com, December 2022.
- "The 5 baselines any CISO must use", Dr. Martijn Dekker, medium.com, July 2022.
- "Quantum technology is a blessing for infomation security", Dr.Martijn Dekker, medium.com, April 2022, based on a speech delivered at the Barlaeus Dinner of the Amsterdam Institute of Advcanced Study, November 2019
- "Managing information security is managing uncertainty.", Dr. Martijn Dekker, medium.com, March 2022.
- "Cyberspace: a new bufferzone and the rise of the CISO Politicus.", Dr. Martijn Dekker, medium.com, March 2022.
- "Why all CISOs need to prioritize quantum.", Dr. Martijn Dekker, FS-ISAC Insights, issue 2022 Q1.
- Software leveranciers moeten cybersecurity veel serieuzer nemen. Dr. Martijn Dekker, KPN blog, Jan 2022.
- Heliview Talks 2022 - interview with Martijn Dekker by Paul van Liempt
- Digitale veiligheid: 4 experts nemen stelling. Podcast of the panel discussion of SMSP congress, april 25, 2022.
- PCSI Cybertalk Session #1: Increase of malicious uses and abuses of AI., April 2022.
- How do we improve cybersecurity? by copying our body's immune system, vlog for The Next Web 2021 conference, sep 2021.
- Uncertainty and Risk in Information Security, Martijn Dekker, keynote lecture in NLSecure[id] conference, Jan 2021.
- Cyberhelden - episode 23, interview Ronald Prins met Martijn Dekker
- IBM 2021 EMEA Security Summit highlights and (requires registration) the panel on modernizing security approaches hosted by Ganesh Narasimhaiya, with Emma Smith (Vodafone) and Martijn Dekker.
- "ASML geeft zijn leveranciers bijles over het weren van hackers", Financieel Daglad, May 18, 2021,
- "ABN AMRO kiest voor zelf-helende security in Kubernetes", Computable, 19 March 2021
- "Ensuring online security in a quantum future", Boston Consultancy Group, March 30, 2021
- "Innovating in cyber security, shared research 2019", TNO Shared Research Programme Cybersecurity, 2019
- "Innovating in cyber security, shared research 2017", TNO Shared Research Programme Cybersecurity, 2017
- "IT auditors should consider attacker's business case", TIAS school for business and society, june 2015
- "Transforming Information Security - focussing on strategic technologies", RSA, Security for Business Innovation Council report, 2014
- "Transforming Information Security - future proofing processes", RSA, Security for Business Innovation Council report, 2013
- "Transforming Information Security - designing a state-of-the-art extended team", RSA, Security for Business Innovation Council report, 2013
© 2022, 2023, Martijn Dekker.
- Bart-Jan de Wit. Master thesis working title "The (mis)use of ChatGPT for criminal use", 2023.
- David Palma. Master thesis working title "Effect of Cybersecurity Awareness Training Performance on Insider Threat Risk", 2021.
- Narendra Parigi. Master thesis "Cyber security - fraudulent events detection based on user behavior.", 2020.